Saturday, September 12, 2009

Parent Donations


Thank You SO SO SO very much for the lovely bags of goodies I get delivered to me by your smiling children. One, it is exciting to see what is inside the bags, and two, we are collecting some great stuff!
We are in need of about 28 more plastic containers WITH handles; for example: milk jugs, dish washing liquid jugs,etc. I want to do a fish sculpture project with 2nd grade, and you can create a cool fish fin with the container handle. Of course if I get another 56 containers in addition to the ones i'm collecting, I can do this with another grade also. I'm saving all of my mini evian bottles for a figure to do with Kindergarten.

I would like to do a robot sculpture with the 3rd graders, but havn't collected enough smaller items yet. Raisin boxes, candy boxes (little 4inch boxes---for example, not exactly those measurements of course---containers they can glue together to form something); and caps, smaller items they can accessorize their robots with. I just put in a big order for a variety of beads.

6th grade is creating a sculpture from sticks and twigs, so if you read this before Wednesday, a collection of those would be greatly appreciated. I think i have picked up all the loose bark and sticks from my route to and from school! :)

Store bought art supplies: It's always great to get these!
I am running out of oil pastels, which I use with all grades. I have a small box of air dry clay, but not enough to do a project with more than one class.
After only one watercolor project, I am running out of watercolors! Watercolor paint would be great. I would like to do watercolor with all grades.

******In a no-sink- classroom, I have run out of baby wipes, lysol wipes, wet wipes in general. I'm sure many of your kids have been coming home with glued, painted fingers. Sorry!

OK, now to writing my lesson plans! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment